GSP Ministries: Open to All!
These ministries respond to Grace St. Paul's Vision and Mission of being a "Spiritual family open to all..."
- Advertising: This ministry's role is to enhance the evangelism efforts of the congregation's individuals and publicize special events and services.
- Bread Baking: This ministry provides "food for the journey" each week with loaves made by volunteer bakers. It demonstrates GSP's hospitality with communion available to all who visit. Bread is baked for all the services held at GSP on Sundays and throughout the week, as well as weddings, funerals, and other gatherings.
- Bridge Group
- Buildings & Grounds
- Coffee Hour: Each Sunday's coffee hour provides opportunities for parishioners to share with each other — food, time, conversation, and attention.
- Communications: This ministry shares parish information within the congregation, as well as the larger community. Venues include the Sunday Bulletin, weekly email, Facebook and the GSP website.
- Film & Fellowship: This ministry is a monthly film-based fellowship that began in Lent of 2010, and as interest grew expanded into a year-round ministry. Its mission is to be an inclusive fellowship that uses film and a shared meal as a catalyst for connecting people and building community. All are welcome and GSP volunteers provide the staples of every potluck so that there is always abundant food even if others cannot bring a dish. The ministry regularly welcomes guests from Joseph's Pantry, people with food sensitivities, and non-members. The films chosen foster awareness about social issues, invite discussion about shared life experiences and broaden perspectives. People who might not otherwise ever talk to each other engage in conversations that broaden everyone's perspective. This ministry looks beyond GSP's campus and collaborates with independent film groups and hosts premieres with the Human Rights Watch Film Series, Native Voices Film Series, and the Sundance Film Forward Series.
- Giving & Receiving: This ministry encourages a grateful response to the gifts that the members of GSP have received. Its members foster a joyful spirituality of abundance, expressed in the annual fundraising campaign and in an ongoing program of education.
- Hiking Group
- Small Groups
- Special Events
- Spirit Players: This ministry highlights how religious beliefs and secular concerns form a relationship in the theater. GSP parishioners are regularly involved in sermon dramas, fundraising performances, and Sunday classes, and these events have stories from Scripture as their themes. Monthly play readings are also offered. They are always unrehearsed, open to the public, and free of charge. Past readings have included Medieval tropes (the earliest form of telling Bible stories), as well as modern dramas that explore war, family conflicts and joys, political and community tensions, and cultural conflicts. Lively discussions follow the readings, and promote diversity of thought while building community.
- Welcome Ministry: These volunteers staff the Welcome Table in the parish hall. They provide name tags, offer visitors a welcome gift, and answer questions about the parish and its ministry.